David Harris, Pharm. D., MFT, has been a practicing psychotherapist for twenty three years as well as having spent fifty years as a practicing pharmacist.
He does individual, couple and family counseling In addition to working with the usual spectrum of therapeutic issues, he has interest and experience in working with the psychological aspects of physical illness, including cancer. He employs a mind/body/spirit approach to therapy and uses energy healing methods when appropriate.
He received his Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of Southern California and his Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University. He is also a graduate of the Professional Healer Training Program at the Healing Light Center and has been trained in family therapy at the Julia Ann Singer Center.
David has completed numerous other training programs as well as having served as a counselor for the St. Joseph Hospice and as an AIDS counselor for the Pacific Counseling Center.
He is married, the father of five children, and is presently in private practice in Sherman Oaks, where he works with individuals, couples and families.
Areas of Expertice
David’s approach is holistic and he attempts to work with all aspects of a person’s life:
- Anxiety, stress and physical illness
- Self-esteem and importance in mental health
- Mind/body/spirit approach to therapy
“The power of thought, intention, or prayer should never be minimized. These are the means by which events, that may seem to be miracles, are brought into our lives.”
The Fibus Group Articles
- Expectations for Girls Group Counseling Girls Group Therapy
- Issues That May Be Helped with Girls Group Therapy Girls Group Therapy
- My Approach to Helping Neurofeedback
- Empathic Listening Relationships
- Neurofeedback and Attention Deficit Disorders Neurofeedback
- The Secret Anger at Work Anger Management