Ana Martinez, M.A. is a Marriage and Family therapist specializing in relationships with adolescents, couples and families.
Ana received a B.A. from the University of California, Santa Cruz in Psychology, with an emphasis in Child Development in 2000. She then completed her M.A. in 2003 from Phillips Graduate Institute with a double major in both Psychology/Marriage and Family Therapy and School Counseling.
Ana is experienced working with children and adolescence both in the school setting as a School Counselor, as well as through a therapeutic relationship.
Ana also leads our Teen Girls Group Therapy sessions here at the Fibus Group. These exclusive sessions explore issues like self-awareness, self-empowerment, identity issues and dealing with feelings of "not fitting in".
Areas of Expertice
While Ana is trained and knowledgeable in a broad spectrum of psychology her expertise are working with:
- Adolescent’s relationships
- Eating disorders
- Depression in pre and adolescent years
- Bullying, and victims of bullying
- Self-mutilation and destructive behaviors
- Adolescent’s sexual identity
“Adolescence is a very difficult milestone; teens today face difficulties with identity, peer relationships, self-expression, confidence and feelings of inadequacy. Being in a theraputic relationship can help.”
The Fibus Group Articles
- Expectations for Girls Group Counseling Girls Group Therapy
- Issues That May Be Helped with Girls Group Therapy Girls Group Therapy
- My Approach to Helping Neurofeedback
- Empathic Listening Relationships
- Neurofeedback and Attention Deficit Disorders Neurofeedback
- The Secret Anger at Work Anger Management