Your uncontrolled anger could cost you your marriage, your family, your job, or your life.
- Do people ever tell you to “calm down” or “go cool off” or “lower your voice”?
- Do they say things like, “you don’t have to bite my head off!”
- Do you sometimes feel that you’re going to boil over?
- Do you lash out when you can’t make yourself understood?
- Do your friends or family members seem to be avoiding you?
- Do you think people find you intimidating?
- Do you feel like everything would be okay if people would just follow your rules?
- Do you think that most people are wrong or stupid?
- Do you think other people are stopping you from doing what you want to do or what’s right?
- Do people treat you like a child or act aggressively toward you?
- Do you feel no one is listening to you?
- Do people say you’re moody?
- Do you have to shout to make people pay attention to you?
- Have you ever become physically violent with another person?
- Have you received a poor performance review due to anger?
- Do you ever break things when you’re angry?
- Do you do things that are excessively risky or self-destructive?
- Do you ever have to apologize for your behavior?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions, you could have an anger management problem and you definitely can benefit from anger management counseling. Don’t wait until things get worse. Your uncontrolled anger could cost you your marriage, your family, your job—or your life.